The course will enable you to identify:
* Situations and behaviours that can be challenging
* Barriers to communication
You will also have discussed:
* The importantce of identifying & utilising support/supervision to help you cope with a challenging situation, including your feelings around this.
* Key tips for managing challenging situations
* How to acknowledge and respond to someone who is in crisis
This course developed for volunteers who may face challenging situations when voluteering with people one-to-one or in a group situation. The course has been developed by a mental health nurse and the peer mentoring coordiator, both experienced trainers.